Looking for New Board Members
Are you interested in becoming more involved in matters regarding our Seattle Olmsted parks and boulevards?
We are currently seeking new members to serve on our Board of Directors and/or our committees. Our board is typically composed of citizens with expertise in landscape architecture, history, horticulture, business management, project management and urban planning. We would like to further diversify our board to include individuals with expertise and/or interest in at least one of the following:
• Community Outreach – looking for a candidate who will identify and work with community groups and individual Olmsted Parks groups to help with park improvement projects;
• Accounting – looking for a candidate who can assist with our bookkeeping
• Historical Research – looking for a candidate willing to do in-depth research on specific projects
• Landscape Design – looking for candidates who are comfortable reviewing design proposals
• Fund Raising -- Looking for candidates that are interested in leading our fund raising initiatives
Terms begin in September immediately following our annual meeting on Sept. 21, 2019, and run for three years. Our board meetings are typically held from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the first Monday of each month at the Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation headquarters (100 Dexter Ave N, 98109) in Denny Park.
Friends of Seattle's Olmsted Parks (FSOP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving Seattle’s unique Olmsted landscape heritage and raising awareness of the Olmsted philosophy of providing open space for all people.
Please contact Douglas Luetjen at [email protected] if you are interested in getting more involved!