Magnolia Boulevard was recommended by the Olmsted Brothers. It is located in the Magnolia neighborhood and runs between Discovery Park and Magnolia Park. It is 2.4 miles long.
John Charles Olmsted described his vision for the boulevard in his 1903 Comprehensive Plan for Parks and Boulevards, writing, "This parkway would be a strip of land of irregular width, providing for a park drive, two walks, a bridle path and a bicycle path along the top of Magnolia Bluffs, and bending inland to include the deeper portions of some of the ravines, and it would include also all the steep bank west of Smith’s Cover, and the bluffs and slopes between and below them down to high water mark from Smith’s Cove to Fort Lawton Reservation." At Fort Lawton, he recommended that the city lay out pleasure drives and trails to take advantage of the views from that hillside. In 1910 he made a plan for Fort Lawton, part of which became Discovery Park.